Things I've worked on
- Media of Tomorrow/Big Data Symposium
New Media Symposia @ Utrecht University; visual identity, wordpress template
- USLAS Atlas
Study Association of Liberal Arts & Sciences Utrecht; wordpress template + plugins
- Aanzet Magazine
History magazine; visual identity + print design
Long-running Jazz Jackrabbit fansite; CMS coding
Web-based WhatsApp client (no longer works since WA changed its protocol)
Google Chrome extension (no longer maintained)
Texts I've written
- "The IRC Paradigm: An alternative approach for alternative social networks"
Research report, May 08 2013, Institute of Network Cultures
- "Open source alternative social networks: empowering users or same old?"
Website article, Apr 25 2013, Institute of Network Cultures
- "Beyond distributed and decentralized: what is a federated network?"
Website article, Mar 19 2013, Institute of Network Cultures
- "Flying under the radar: digital dissidence through cypherpunk means"
Paper, Jan 25 2013, "Technopolitics: Networks and Spaces"
- "Power Law gone topsy-turvy: The darknet"
Essay, Jan 11 2013, "Technopolitics: Networks and Spaces"
- "Protocol is power, code is law: the far reach of protocols on the internet"
Essay, Nov 30 2012, "Technopolitics: Networks and Spaces"
- "The protocol of pretense: magic markers in multiplayer online arena games"
Paper, Nov 16 2012, "Game Studies"
- "The beauty of the byte: towards an aesthetic model of demoscene intros"
Paper, Nov 7, 2012, "Software Studies: Code and Images". Published in New Media Magazine #7: Digital Visual Culture 2.
- "Utopieën worden steeds cyberder: Cyberspace als utopisch platform"
Collaborative Bachelor Thesis, Aug 15, 2012
- "Het leven als reis door de ruimte: Representatie van spatial narratives in het tijdperk van de phoneur"
Final Bachelor Thesis, Jun 22, 2012